Taekwondo, a martial art that has scientifically proven benefits
- improves balance in people over 40
- improves balance in even low-level training
- can give as good a cardiovascular workout as interval running
- a mere 20 minutes of TaeKwondo training burns 300-300 calories
- 30 minutes of Taekwondo practice 3 days a week helps weight control
- low frequency Taekwondo training in adolescent females produces beneficial changes in skeletal muscle fitness, flexibility, and body composition in a relatively short period of time (2011 Korean Study).